I’ve finally finished editing the first act of my book. As expected, chapter 6 got the most work, but I honestly think this rough 100 pages is much better now. I’ll need to take a look at the second act and figure out where the problem chapters are so I can pick new writing partners.
However, let’s take a moment to look at the writing partners for the last section, the unusual suspects!
Here is what they looked like before:
And here is how they turned out:
Working with a variety of minis from different companies at the same time really made certain features stand out.
For example, while this mini is big, I had to create most of the depth myself. It has a ton of flat areas with little texture.
Meanwhile, shading and highlighting even a tiny games workshop mini was a breeze.
The dwarf turned out fine, and the less I can say about the halfling, the better. However, overall I’m happy with them. I got a chance to play around with contrast paints, and they were just right for keeping myself busy while I brainstormed.
For the next section, I’m not sure if I should do another set of minis or paint one large one. I enjoy variety, but focusing on one mini does significantly improve the final product. I’ll just have to start working on the next few chapters and see where my muse takes me!